Art Made from Tree Root Timber
Hidden treasures of nature
The dried out timber and tree roots from avalanche ravines and mountain streams are sanded and polished until they reveal their beautiful textures.
Treating the wood and welding the base
Each participant chooses a piece of wood. In the planning phase it is decided how the different pieces of woods can be put together after treatment to form one piece of art.
After that each participant has time to work on their individual pieces. All wood is worked on with a wide range of sanding paper. Tools such as saws and drills can also be used.
In order to be able to join the individual pieces together thin steel pins are and rods are made in the adjoining metal workshop. You will also create a base on which the pins and rods can be welded to.
Indoor team building
In the inviting and lofty metal workshop near Zurich (venues in Bern or Toggenburg available for a surcharge), we unite creative work with interactive team building
This programme is the perfect mix of individual work and teamwork. Each participant has the opportunity to contribute their creative and artistic aspects.
Strong teamwork will be the key to creating an extraordinary piece of art.
During the team-building programme the participants are invited to help themselves from a table with mineral water, soft drinks and a selection of savoury snacks.
Prices (introductory rates) [in Swiss Francs]
|up to 12 pers.||2795.00 flat rate|
|from 13 pers.||229.00 / pers.|
|from 22 pers.||219.00 / pers.|
|from 30 pers.||209.00 / pers.|
|from 40 pers.||199.00 / pers.|
|from 50 pers.||price on request|
Our service includes
- Expert staff
- A selection of avalanche timber
- All materials for the base and metal pins
- The necessary tools and sanding paper
- Hire of the workshop
- Beverages and snacks
- Transfer to and from the venue
Group size12-120 participants
RequirementsNo particular skills required
AvailabilityAll year round
Premises (fully heated)
- Workshop near Zurich, capacity 80 pers.
- Workshop in Bern, up to 120 pers. (surcharge)
- Workshop in Toggenburg, up to 30 pers. (surcharge)
- Reflection on performance by a professional coach
- Sundowners with white wine from CHF 19.00 / pers.
- Soapstone as an additional raw material
- Lunch or dinner
- English- or French-speaking guides