The Woodland Project
Forests are our green lungs. But they require careful management so that they keep their revitalising energies. This programme is a chance for your team to give something back to nature. Accompanied by a forestry warden, and various forestry specialists (depending on group size), your team spends half a day in woodlands. Each team-training programme is tailor-made. We carefully plan your team activity together with a local forest warden, taking your individual requirements into account.
- The participants are devided in to teams of 30. Each team is allocated a clearing, waiting for reforestation. It’s also possible for all teams to work on the same forest clearing.
- Each team is taken care of by a forestry specialist and is provided with the necessary tools plus protective gear.
- The work starts with removing dead wood and cutting back the undergrowth so the young trees will get enough sunlight.
- Then small holes are dug and the saplings planted.
- The vulnerable saplings now have to be protected from damage by passing wildlife.
- During this programme the forest warden shares valuable knowledge about woodland plants and wildlife. If there are several teams, the head forest warden circulates between the teams.
- On request, and depending on the tasks at hand, the participants have the option to work alongside the landowner or forestry service (safe tasks only). There is also the option of general woodland cleaning work such as clearing paths.
- Additional experts on topics such as botany, ecology, wild animals could be present throughout the programm.
- A carpenter could show the teams how to build creative housing for wild bees or make a bench using logs.
- Reforestation/woodland maintenance in the mountains (e.g. close the tree line).
- A guided tour with the forest warden.
We are happy to spoil your group with a delicious BBQ in the forest under marquees or refreshments/sundowners.
Prices [in Swiss Francs] half day
|up to 30 pers.||5310.00 flat rate|
|from 31 pers.||177.00 / pers.|
|from 51 pers.||157.00 / pers.|
|from 115 pers.||107.00 / pers.|
|from 210 Pers.||price on request|
Prices [in Swiss Francs] full dayPrices on request
|Barbecue||from 59.00 / pers.|
|Refreshments / Aperitif||from 19.00 / pers.|
Our service includes
- A forest warden
- Woodland expert as a team leader
- A selection of saplings for planting
- Wildlife protection material
- All necessary tools
- Mineral water throughout the event
- Organisation and research for a suitable woodlands area
Weather protectionEvent is held in all weathers
Group size30-1000 participants
LocationForest, anywhere in Switzerland
- Marquees as sun or rain protection
- Additional forestry
- Various specialists on related topics
- Guided tour through the forest
- Carpentery work with a carpenter
- Event location pre-alpine scenery
- Reflection on team performance by a coach